Sports Cards We Grade & Policies
CSG grades most sports cards, including:
- Baseball cards
- Basketball cards (NBA/WNBA)
- Football cards
- Hockey cards
- Wrestling cards
- Racing cards
- Soccer cards
- Golf cards
- Tennis cards
- MMA cards
- Multi-sport cards
CSG currently grades cards that measure 2-5/8" x 3-3/4" or less.
CSG grades “thick” sports cards, up to 7.25 mm thick, which are encapsulated in the 3.5 mm, 5.5 mm or 7.25 mm CSG Thick Holder. CSG’s new-to-the-industry stackable holders accommodate more sizes of thick cards than any other third-party sports card grading company.
Note: Certain thick cards that would normally be accepted may have irregular dimensions and cannot be encapsulated for this reason. In those cases, the cards will be returned unencapsulated ("raw"), and the grading fee will be refunded.
For more information about grading services for non-sports trading cards like Pokémon and Magic: The Gathering cards, visit CSG’s affiliate, CGC Trading Cards, at CGCcards.com.
Sports Cards that CSG Does Not Grade
- 1947 “Bond Bread” style cards with square corners
- All “STAR” Basketball cards (1984-1986)
- 1984 USA Olympic Basketball “Co-Captain Gold Winning Team” Michael Jordan
- 1984 United States Basketball Team Michael Jordan
- 1994 Upper Deck Classic Alumni #298 Alex Rodriguez Auto
- 1997-1998 Score Board Blue Ribbon Player Kobe Bryant Auto /300
- 1997-1998 Skybox Premium Autographics Charles Barkley Auto
- 1998-1999 Skybox Premium Autographics Tim Duncan Auto
- 1999-2000 Skybox Premium Autographics David Robinson Auto
- 1996-1997 Skybox Premium Autographics Steve Nash Auto
- All years Fleer Masterpiece “One of One” Basketball Cards
- All years McDonalds Autographs
- All years (2000-2015) Topps Rookie Premiere/ (03/04 - 08/09) Topps Photo Shoot/ (2006-2007-2010) Topps AFLAC Autographs (Unless serial numbered)
- All years (1990-1992) Star Pics Autographs
- All years (1991-1997) Pro Line Autographs
- All years (1996-1997) Scoreboard/ (1991-1995) Classic/ (1991-1992) Front Row/ (1991-1992) Little Sun Autographs of Shaquille O’Neal/Kobe Bryant/Derek Jeter
- All years Upper Deck Buyback Autographs that do not have the original UDA Certificate
- 1994 Upper Deck Alex Rodriguez, Mickey Mantle, & Ken Griffey Jr. Autographs
- 1992 Fleer Ultra Career Highlights Reggie White Auto
- 1994 Signatures Rookies Derek Jeter Mail In Promo Auto /1000
- 1995 Action Packed 24KT Gold #1D Derek Jeter Auto
- 1997 Bowmans Best Atomic Refractors Derek Jeter Auto
- 1997 Skybox Batman & Robin Uma Thurman Auto
- 2001 Upper Deck Legends Football Legends Autograph Set
- 2001 Fleer Legacy Albert Pujols Autographs
- 2016 Panini Prizm Dak Prescott Rookie Auto (Autopen, every variation)
- 2016 Panini Prizm Dak Prescott/Devontae Booker Dual Auto/Jersey /99
Other Items that CSG Does Not Grade
- Fantasy, “Cinderella,” unlicensed or homemade cards
- Original type photos and snapshot photos
- Any card that has been signed in-person and not under the authority of the card manufacturer
- Newspaper clippings, images cut from publications and other items that were not intended to be sports cards and are not cataloged as sports cards
- Cards that are “sheet cut,” or measure larger than the published catalog size
- Any card that CSG graders determine to be below measurement tolerance and/or an unnatural waviness of the edges will not receive a numeric grade.
- Any card that CSG graders determine to be altered in any form, counterfeit, cleaned or restored will not receive a numeric grade and will not be encapsulated in a CSG holder.
Other CSG Grading Terms and Conditions
- CSG graders reserve the right to determine if a card receives a numeric grade, an Authentic designation or Authentic Altered designation.
- Cards that are deemed to be hand-cut (strip cards, post cereal cards and other cards not originally cut by the manufacturer, etc.) may receive a numeric grade if the card meets the cataloged and published measurements. If a hand-cut card is found to be below these published measurements, the card can only be encapsulated as Authentic. Whether a hand-cut card receives a numeric grade or not, the designation of “Hand Cut” will appear as an attribute on the label.
No Grade Reasons
|Service Unavailable||When a card is either of a size CSG currently does not grade, or is an issue that is obscure, it may be returned as “Service Unavailable.” Submitter is not charged the grading fee.|
|Below Minimum Grade||If a minimum grade is requested and the card does not meet that grade, the card is returned as “Below Minimum Grade.” Submitter is charged the grading fee.|
|Questionable Authenticity||If a card appears to be counterfeit, it will be returned as “Questionable Authenticity.” Submitter is charged the grading fee.|
|Evidence of Tampering/Alteration||There are several reasons why a card can be returned as “Evidence of Tampering/Alteration.” Evidence or appearance of alterations include but are not limited to: trimming, restoration, power erasing, chemical cleaning, pressing and stain removal. Submitter is charged the grading fee.|
|Evidence of Color Added||When a card’s color has been artificially improved, it will be returned as “Evidence of Color Added.” Submitter is charged the grading fee.|